Mr. Lynam has lectured and written articles on a number of legal topics ranging from construction contracts to digital information.
- “Emotional Intelligence for Entrepreneurs,” November 2014
- “Green Litigation: A Failure to LEED Can Be Worse Than You Think,” 2012 ASPE Convention & Exposition, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- “The Other Estate Tax: Illinois Estate Tax Issues,” Illinois CPA Society All Tax Committee Meeting 2011, Chicago, Illinois.
- Faculty lecturer, August 2006 and 2008 Illinois Real Estate Development and Finance Seminar.
- Former Adjunct Faculty, Paralegal Program, Roosevelt University.
- Planning for Asset Protection of Inherited IRAs after the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Clark v Rameker, 134 S.Ct. 2242 (2014).Published in Practice Advantage by the Illinois CPA Society, September 26, 2014.
- IRS: SCIN Valuation Must Account for Life Expectancy, Medical History of Creditor. Published in Practice Advantage by the Illinois CPA Society, February 15, 2014.
- Estate of Lockett v. Commissioner. Published in Practice Advantage by the Illinois CPA Society, September 21, 2012.
- Social Media: The Rules of the Online Game, Part II: Providing guidance to employees concerning their online conduct. Published by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers, March 2012.
- Social Media: The Rules of the Online Game, Part I: Published in Plumbing Systems & Design, January/February 2012.
- Nightmare in Long Branch: Learn from one engineer’s story how to protect yourself when faced with legal action. Published in Plumbing Systems and Design, November, 2011.
- The Pen is Indeed Mighty: Contract Language Limits Design Professionals’ Duties: Published in Plumbing Systems & Design, September, 2011.
- Green Litigation: A Failure to LEED Can Be Worse Than You Think: Protecting yourself and your business from major litigation based on increasingly prevalent green building claims. Published in Plumbing Systems and Design, June, 2011.
- Protecting Your Trademark, Protecting your Brand: How to protect your intellectual property rights in a trademark while also building a brand name in your small business. Published in Plumbing Systems and Design, April, 2011.
- Promoting Clarity in Contracts for Construction: Avoiding conflicts and excess costs in the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts. Published in conjunction with the August 2006 Illinois Real Estate Development and Finance Seminar.
- Using your IRA for 2007 Charitable Giving: New laws make IRA funds attractive for charitable giving. Published in the Spring, 2007 edition of Citizens for Conservation News.
- New Overtime Laws in Illinois: Recent changes provide stiff penalties for violations.
- Document Retention/Destruction Policies: A Ticking Time Bomb for Your Firm?: Published in Plumbing Engineering & Design, July/August 2007.